D.Levine Industries

Welcome to D.Levine Industries, the Quality alternative to mass-produced MegaCorp junk!

Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

What is there to know? Read the blog, you'll get it.

20 April 2006

Candymancy

After looking over everyone's answers to the question I posed in the previous post, I think we can safely draw the following conclusions:

1) Chris K. has already given up on finding romance.

2) Justin equates paradise with survival.

3) Andrew thinks of women as entertaining bodyguards.

4) Chris MM is a hopeless romantic.

Now, perhaps, you're wondering where I stand on the issue. First, I think a little background is in order.

To make any sense of any answer I might give for this question, I think it's important to go over what brought me to consider the question in the first place. As you may have deduced if you've been keeping up with this blog, I can be a pretty miserable person when the mood strikes me. Since I seem to be struck by the mood rather often, I decided a little while ago to take stock of my life and see if I could figure out the source of this misery.

So here's what I came up with:

Pros:
- Close, loving family
- A few good friends I connect with on multiple levels
- Safe, comfortable home
- Decent job which pays well enough to cover all my expenses, plus a little bit
- Reliable, available entertainment

Cons:
- No female companionship

When I step back and think about it, it's true that I'm at my most miserable when that final point has been weighing on my mind. So, apparently, my unhappiness can be entirely traced back to this one matter. Considering this, I had to ask myself, how is it that, as good as my life is overall, I could get so hung up on the one thing that's missing from it that I don't consider myself a happy person in general?

So I came up with this question. Would you trade any shot at romance for guaranteed comfort? It's a question for other people, really; I'm already living in that situation. The real question I'm asking, then, is: Am I justified in my misery?

My guess--or perhaps simply what I'd like to imagine--is that most people would not give up romance for comfort. This would indicate that perhaps the reason I'm so dissatisfied with my life is that the one thing I lack is the one thing most people wouldn't give up for the world. I don't know, of course, if that's true, but, in a small way, it's comforting to think that it might be.

But, anyway, to answer the question itself, I'm going to have to turn it around. The question then is this: Would I give up the comforts of my life for a shot at romance?

In all honesty, I believe I would. But I'm not entirely convinced that I wouldn't regret it.

So what have we learned today:

1) David is unjustifiably miserable.

2) ... OR IS HE?!?

Or, hell, maybe we didn't really learn anything this time around. But at least we tried, and that's what counts... OR IS IT?!?

Okay, that's enough for now. Until next time, you know what to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home