D.Levine Industries

Welcome to D.Levine Industries, the Quality alternative to mass-produced MegaCorp junk!

Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

What is there to know? Read the blog, you'll get it.

11 February 2006

Viva la revoluccion!

So, I'm starting to see some results from by weight lifting already; I can actually feel the muscles in my arms now. However, I realized weights alone probably won't be enough to get me into the shape I'd like to be in. So I've decided to add some aerobic exercise to my regimen. The problem, however, is that most exercise machines are simply boring, and activities like walking an jogging are only feasible for about three months out of the year in Minnesota. So, I realized the best method would be to combine my need for exercise with my love of video games. That's right, I finally went out and (with the help of Chris M-M) purchased Dance Dance Revolution! Or, more specifically, "Dance Dance Revolution Extreme" (just in case I ever buy an EyeToy.)

Of course we spent some time this evening breaking it in, and since Chris brought a pad along, we were able to play head-to-head. He claimed to be horribly out of practice, but he still managed to score quite a few A's. It was a good time, nevertheless. Not to mention that it worked up quite a sweat, as well.

While I'm on the subject of DDR, I came up with an idea for a game a while ago. Like Dance Dance Revolution, you would move your body in time with music, but instead of simply stepping on pads on the floor, in "Karate Revolution" you'd have to strike pads worn by the other player. When a pad lights up, you hit it, while at the same time trying to make sure your opponent doesn't strike any of your pads. I imagine one pad on each shoulder, one on each hip, and maybe one on the chest. The game would also come with a dummy you could strap the pads to for single-player games.

That's all I have to report for now. Lesson time!

1) DDR is fun.

2) Kicking people is fun.

3) Video games do not inspire violence

yet.

Now eat your dinner and go to bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Charles Horatio Xavier King III, Esq. said...

Awesome! DDR is a lot of fun. Extreme is good; the BT track ("Simply Being Loved") is probably my favorite song, and the Junior Senior track is great to dance to. Plus there's that psychotic "Jet World" that seems to reinforce every American stereotype about what the Japanese like.

And it's a good workout, too. Some health clubs are starting to install machines, and I read a few weeks ago that a school district (maybe in VA?) was using it in their gym class. I wouldn't have hated gym nearly as much if I could have done it to house music.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home